Monday 9 March 2015

Emotions

I'm starting a new project surrounding the emotions that I encounter every day. I'm going to be looking at ways to communicate emotions by affecting a range of different materials in alternative ways. For example if I sanded down a piece of wood using sand paper that would communicate boredom. This emotion would be different if I had sanded it down in a similar way using an electric sander. Allocating a different emotion to the ways in which I'm going to affect the material will be an interesting process to think about.

To give me inspiration for this final part of my foundation I went to Paris for the weekend, going to Palais de Tokyo, the Gulbenkian, the Kamel Mennour gallery and Air De Paris. A lot of the work was interesting, rather than good, especially the work that was being shown at the Palais de Tokyo. Art made in response to Marcel Duchamp's famous quote "Can one make works of art which are not ‘of art’?". Seeing Trisha Donnelly's work at the Air De Paris gallery was good, but after seeing similar work by her at the Serpentine in London (which was especially made for the gallery) it was a bit of a disappointment, but still interesting work that was thought provoking in its subtleness which I hope to replicate in my own work for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment