Monday 30 March 2015

Coloured Blocks and Reading

Over the weekend I started to look at a range of books for my research project concerning Kazimir Malevich, Anish Kapoor and Daniel Buren. The books offered a really interesting insight into their work and will form my main research for the essay. After seeing Buren's work a few weeks ago in Paris it was intriguing to learn more about the meaning behind his sculptures.

I have been continuing to experiment with the size, shape and colour of my own sculptures. I am yet to feel entirely comfortable with a particular size, but I think I have settled on the cube as the overall shape.



I experimented further with attaching multiple pieces of wood together to create one solid block. The aesthetics of this are interesting but the finished outcome isn't very strong, so when using any electric tools the blocks come detached from each other. This is obviously a problem, so  I don't think I'm going to continue making sculptures like this.
 


I purchased some files the other day which help to make some interesting work, allowing me to make small holes that help me to portray negative emotions. I hope to continue experimenting with the size of the wood as well as the range of colours in the next few days. I also want to begin writing my essay too.

No comments:

Post a Comment