Wednesday 22 April 2015

Books and a Film

I began today thinking about the third book that I'm creating, the one involving charts and graphs. Which charts to include within the book, the story that I'm attempting to tell as well as what I'm actually hoping to gain from creating it. As the day progressed I started to answer some of these questions whilst putting together the book using PowerPoint. I came to the conclusion that as the book went on, the graphs would become more complicated and harder to read, until eventually they didn't make sense at all. This sense of confusion would also be illustrated by the subtle loss of data surrounding the charts as the book went on. I chose to make this a part of the book to emphasise the fact that as time goes on, you begin to forget the emotions you once felt, creating new ones. I also wanted to make the point that how your emotions don't consign to any rules, and you sometimes find it hard to understand how you yourself are feeling when placed in a specific situation.

 
When I eventually worked all this out I started to build the book up and eventually finished it. So that means I only have one more (the final evaluation one) to make until I can start creating the set of sculptures for my main final piece. Unfortunately I won't be able to start making this until I actually write the final evaluation, but I can only do that when I have finished this project, which will be in a few weeks time. So instead of making the book I may spend the rest of the week finalising my research paper as well as filling out final show proposal.



At the end of the day I then went to the cinema to see a brilliant film called "Still Alice", starring Julianne Moore. Although it was really depressing I am glad that I went to see it, as all the acting was incredible alongside the moving story.

No comments:

Post a Comment