Saturday 25 April 2015

Work Experience and Pamphlets

Yesterday I went to an artist studio for an introductory day, to see whether I wanted/was able to work for an artist ( Laurence Edwards) as an intern over the summer. I had a really interesting day, watching bronze being poured and helping out with the simple jobs. I'm really looking forward to working there throughout the summer, as well as the coming weeks every Friday. This was partly so that I could fulfil the mandatory work experience day for my course, but when I actually thought about it I realised that it would be a really great opportunity to learn how to use new equipment and meet new people before going to university in September/October.

Today I have been thinking more about the Library project, which emotion I want to convey (I think I have decided on comfortable) as well as how much to sand down the MDF board. I will do this tomorrow in time for Monday.

I also designed a catalogue/pamphlet for the exhibition, looking at all the final pieces that I have created over the past year at the foundation. This will hopefully give the viewers a better understanding of my thinking as well as my work in general.



Tomorrow I hope to read over my essay once again, finish the Library project and write my exhibition proposal. I can then start creating the final pieces, which I will be able to easily achieve by the 18th of May (when I start setting up my part of the exhibition). 

No comments:

Post a Comment