a r c h i v e

Thursday 14 May 2015

Finishing the Project

Today was all about finishing things off with the project. I started by printing the last book that I finished designing yesterday. This was easy to do as I've made a lot of these now. I like how a lot of the quotes I have used could be random people talking about my own work, which the use of first names suggests, this is another interesting aspect to the fifth and final book.

I also printed off 50 or so of the maps which will be given away. I feel that this is a good amount, bearing in mind that the exhibition won't actually start for another couple of weeks. So I have plenty of time to re-consider this, which I probably will, just to be safe.

I looked  over all the smaller sculptures to see whether they needed any extra sanding done, just as a precaution. This was a good idea as some of them needed urgent attention.

As well as this I also read over my evaluation again, changing a few things and making it within the 750 word limit. It still isn't completely finished yet as I will be writing a short ending paragraph about how easy/hard it was to put up the work, but I will do that after I have done put up the sculptures.

 Towards the end of the day I started to re-think the shelves, considering whether or not I should actually have them or not. It's good that I have made and numbered them, as well as the work, so that when I'm putting up the work I can make a decision about whether or not I want to use them then. I intend to talk to my tutors and peers about this on Tuesday when I start to set up the exhibition.


I also played a truly beautiful game today called Hohokum. In terms of its aesthetics and mechanics, as well the simplified story telling system that enables it to tell a range of interesting short tales without uttering a single word.

No comments:

Post a Comment