a r c h i v e

Tuesday 5 May 2015

More Books

I began creating the fifth and final book today. I started this process by photographing the sculpture that I created yesterday in its location outside of Wensum Lodge, and then obtaining the coordinates using my phone. The coordinates are important as they give the precise location of the work, as opposed to the map, which will give the IP address, but won't lead you to the actual sculpture. I'm also considering putting either my business card or QR code for my website on the back of each sculpture, informing anyone who looks at the work who it's made by, rather than just having a random sculpture on a footpath.

I continued to work on the smaller pieces, sanding down the sculptures that weren't fully finished. After looking back on all 30 I have now realised that I will need to re-make one or two of them, so that each piece is its own interesting artwork, rather than a group of okay ones. I need to do this soon, so that I can photograph all the pieces to put in the book.

There was also a talk looking at the final evaluation of the project as a whole. This was helpful, detailing all the essential information that should go into an evaluation. It also allows me to start writing my own evaluation which will go in one of the books. So over the next few days whilst I don't have access to tools to make the sculptures (as the workshop at college is currently being turned into the exhibition space) I can start doing this.


At the end of the day I was also given my exhibition space, which was good as up to this point I wasn't sure whether or not I had got the space that I had wanted. Unfortunately I didn't get the specific space that I wanted, but I did get a 245cm x 245cm board to work with, which is what I requested.

I have also been looking at halls for university, as you can start applying tomorrow. This process is incredibly frustrating, as none of them seem to have any reviews or valuable information about what kind of experience you can expect to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment