a r c h i v e

Wednesday 6 May 2015

Sculptures and Pamphlets

Today I made two more of the large sculptures, leaving me only two more to create. I think these look really interesting because of their simplicity and the relationship that the sanded wood has with the grain. I'm really looking forward to creating all five of them and going to the different locations to leave them there to weather away. I will do this when I have made all five, so I can place them all on the same day.
Sad
Angry

I also started to think about how to inform people who come across the sculptures that there are more out there to find, as well as that it's my artwork. Be it by simply attaching my business card to the back of them or by printing off the map with the coordinates and attaching it to a nearby tree. I need to think more about this in the next few days whilst I continue to create the sculptures, as it is an important feature for me.


As well as this I began designing the map handouts that I'm going to be giving out during the exhibition, and started to think about how I could incorporate the map into the pamphlet that I have already made. So I don't overwhelm the viewers with paper to pick up. I need to think about this soon as I intend to start printing the pamphlets over the weekend. I also began to write my evaluation, which I will continue to do over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment