a r c h i v e

Tuesday 26 May 2015

Studio Space and Life Is Strange

I was working at Butley again today. I began by opening up the moulds that had been poured on Friday. This involves hacking into the plaster with an axe to rescue the bronze. On a side note, the mould that encased the bronze is used as grog to create more moulds, this recycling of materials was interesting to learn about. After this I had the unfortunate job of spraying all the bronze pieces to remove the cement mixture from the inside and outside of the work. This is a very tiring and strenuous job, as you get very wet and tiny pieces of dirt get sprayed into your face.
After lunch I helped to fill the furnace with new moulds, so that all the wax can be drained out of them in the next few days. There was also a small bronze pour, which meant that I had to hose down one more bit of bronze. Towards the end of the day I was given my own studio space to work on my artwork, which is really helpful, as I can now come in and use the facilities and equipment when I'm not working for Laurence. After being given the space I quickly put together a desk made up of scrap wood. I'm now really looking forward to starting a new project, and filling my new space with art, as well as using the processes I have learned for my own work.

At the end of the day I played an intriguing game called Life Is Strange. The game puts you in the shoes of a photography student at university who discovers that she can rewind time whenever she wants to. Aside from the supernatural abilities, the game itself is very much about the day to day life of a young person struggling to cope with everything that's going on around her. This is a short snapchat that I made whilst playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment