a r c h i v e

Thursday 7 May 2015

Making and Photographs

I managed to create the last two sculptures today, so over the next few days I will hopefully go to the five locations and photograph the individual pieces, as well as leaving them to be observed by people walking past. I feel that if I had access to better equipment (for example a disc sander and a band saw) I would have been able to make the pieces faster and to a higher quality, but unfortunately I did not.
Tender                                                       Happy

I have also continued to write my evaluation, slowly looking back through all my past blog posts, picking out the most significant points of the project to write about. I also realised today that I still need to write a short essay to go in one of my books for the exhibition, talking about what the work is all about. I will do this soon, so that I can then print out the book.

I am currently taking photographs of all the small sculptures, and putting the images into the first book. Hopefully I will have finished this by the end of the day, enabling me to print and put together the book tomorrow, which would leave me only two more books to finalise and print.

After thinking more about it today, I also decided that I would simply put my website address on the sculpture, gluing a piece of laminated paper to the bottom of the back. Then the address would direct people (if they looked it up) to a page on my website showing the map and talking about the work. I prefer this option, rather than putting a whole map on the back, as I don't want to ruin the general aesthetics of the sculpture. Unfortunately this does involve more work for the viewer, but I don't mind too much about that.


I'm really happy with the progress that I'm making with the final pieces, and hope to be finished and ready to put up my work next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment