a r c h i v e

Tuesday 19 May 2015

Hanging

I  nearly finished putting up all my work today, with only the finishing touches to complete tomorrow. I'm really happy about how it's all turning out. Overnight the paper that hadn't stuck down properly yesterday had magically stuck down, which was a relief, so I re-painted some of the parts as soon as I got in and will only need to put on one more coat tomorrow.

I then started putting up the actual sculptures, the process was quite simple, measuring where the middle of the board was and then 2.6cm down (the length between each sculpture). I would then place the sculpture and micro shelf on the wall, making sure it was straight using a spirit level, and use a glue gun to stick the shelf onto the surface. This technique was simple, but took a while to accomplish.


Whilst I was doing this I put up my lectern type shelf, which I'm having my books displayed on. This was simple to put up too, drilling into the shelf from the other side of the wall and then painting over the screws on the back.


Finally I attached my paper holders to the wall. I first had to decide on the order that I wanted them to go in and then make each of them level. Then I, once again, used a glue gun to put them on the wall. I feel that I have undertaken enough experiments with the glue gun to be confident enough that the work won't fall off the wall during the next few weeks.
Tomorrow I only have a few little things to do. First of all I will rub out any pencil marks that I made today, as well as finishing off all the painting that needs doing. I then need to print out this blog and make it into a book to show to my tutors, but even though this project is slowly coming to an end I think I'm going to continue to write this blog, as it motivates me to make and do things on a regular basis. I also want to make my evaluation into a book to show to my tutors as it's part of my main body of work. Finally I have to make sure to bring in all my work from this project, including all my sketchbooks, so that they can be marked over the next few weeks before the exhibition.


Today I also found out the date of the private view; which will be on the 9th of June, with the exhibition continuing onto the 12th of June.

No comments:

Post a Comment